
Wednesday June 25, 2025

Mogadishu (HOL) — Dr. Mohamed Aden Koofi, Secretary General
of the Somali Salvation Forum, has accused the federal government of targeting
opposition members and warned against what he described as a dangerous
escalation against dissenting voices.
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Koofi alleged that armed
police from the Banadir region unlawfully entered his Mogadishu residence
around 4 p.m. and ordered him to vacate the premises.
“This afternoon, soldiers claiming to be from the region
forcibly entered my home and told me to leave the neighborhood,” Koofi said.
He stated that he responded calmly and asked the officers to
return only with the appropriate legal documentation. Koofi also claimed he had
previously received warnings suggesting that government-linked forces were
planning to intimidate members of the Somali Salvation Forum and other
opposition figures critical of the current administration.
“I have been receiving threats for some time now. There is
clearly a plan to go after members of the Somali Salvation Forum—and opposition
leaders more broadly—just because we hold different views from those in power,”
he added.
As of Wednesday, neither the Banadir Regional Police Command
nor the Federal Government had issued a response to Koofi’s claims.
The Somali Salvation Forum is an opposition platform that
has been vocal in its criticism of federal policies and security operations,
particularly in relation to political inclusivity and the rule of law.