6/27/2022
Today from Hiiraan Online:  _
advertisements
23 terror suspects in custody
  

By Zahra Rashid

December, 20 2012

 

Nairobi, Kenya - 23 people in custody following on Wednesday night's twin blast in Nairobi’s Pangani area, outskirts of Eastleigh.

 

Nairobi Area police boss Mr. Moses Ombati said that it was not clear if the attackers were targeting Al-Amin mosque but a team of detectives is combing the larger Eastleigh area looking for hints into the attack.

 

“The same area has been hit more than five times in the past months leaving more than a dozen people killed and several wounded and so a team of detectives is combing the larger Eastleigh area looking for hints into the series of attacks,” Said the police Boss.

 

Mr. Ombati noted that the arrested suspects have not been directly linked to the twin blast and were arrested in a swoop that followed the Pangani blast.

 

 “None of the suspects in custody have directly been linked to the attacks. Most of them did not have identification documents and we are talking to them to see if they have any useful information on the attack,” said the police boss.

 

According to a police officer on duty at the time of the incident, one of the twin blast that left three wounded had been planted and the other thrown at a crowd.

 

Bomb experts stated that the explosion was caused by an improvised devise and a grenade.

 

Among the injured was a teenage girl who was walking near the scene of the blasts that was about 40 meters apart and the other two women who were selling vegetables along the road side

 

The motive of the incident is yet to be known but the security agents declared that the gang may be part of the larger group that is out to cause despondence in the area.

 

 

[email protected]



 





Click here