Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Today from Hiiraan Online:
Somali forces rebuff al-Shabaab in Hudur
Monday, July 30, 2012
Fighting broke out Friday (July 27th) between al-Shabaab and Somalia's Transitional Federal Government (TFG) forces in the town of Hudur, capital of the Bakol region, said Hudur District Commissioner Mohamed Moallin.
"They attacked our bases at dusk on Friday and the national army managed to fend off the attackers from the area. Our troops inflicted heavy losses on the al-Shabaab fighters during the fighting," Moallin said, according to Somalia's Shabelle Media Network. The clashes continued for several hours before the TFG forces regained control of Hudur.
Al-Shabaab said simultaneous attacks in Gedo and Bakol regions left 11 allied forces dead. The number of casualties could not be independently verified.
Earlier this month, Moallin vowed to defeat al-Shabaab in his district.
US Prosecutors Want Accused Hostage Negotiator Returned to Custody
TÁNAISTE Announces €3 MIllion in Vital Aid for Somalia
Economy tops Kenyans’ worry list
Refugees in SA compare Olympics to their lives
Range Resources says Shabeel North will go deeper than planned to explore lower levels
Somali National Constituent Assembly continues despite mortar attack
- Sabahi Online
Al-Shabaab kill Safaricom driver
- The Standard Digital
Zenawi's exit? Why EAC should worry
- Daily Ethiopia
Accused barbecue shooter is Somalian refugee
Somalia gets extra €3m aid
- Irish Independent
Somalia's cause is Ireland's cause, says Tánaiste on visit
- Irish Times
Post your comments
You need a Frames Capable browser to view this content.
All Rights Reserved Copyright. © 1999-2013, www.hiiraan.com